About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor (preconstruction) to join our Regional team to work in Motherwell, Scotland.What you'll be doing
As an integral member of the work winning part of the business the role is working as part of bid teams preparing bills of quantities on civil engineering projects.
As a Quantity Surveyor (preconstruction), your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Formulate and prepares bills of quantities.
- Prepare accurate and thorough bill of quantities aligned with the required
method of measurement
- Check bills of quantity from tendering consultants and contractors for accuracy
- Read and interpolate customers' requirements from studies, reports and
specifications to aid production of quantity schedules
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- Understanding and knowledge of civil engineering methods and techniques
- Experience of preparing construction quantity schedules to industry methods of measurement
- Has thorough knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience of using digital software packages to prepare quantification schedules from drawing
- Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion
- Is a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is a self-starter who can manage their own time and proactively seeks and
executes activities that will add value to their function
- Good understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
- Relevant CSCS Card
- A degree, or HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE/CIHT
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Attention To Detail