Expression of interest
Your application for this position is an application of interest as we regularly recruit for our Kent account with depots at Tonbridge, Aylesford, Faversham, Ashford and Sandwich. By applying now it allows us to contact you as soon as a position becomes available, should you be suitable for the role. What is the purpose of this role?
All aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, the installation of low speed temporary traffic management. Undertake Winter and emergency call out and standby. What will the role involve?
Role specific responsibilities
- Maintain high technical standards.
- Attend project and work briefings as required.
- Participation in Winter maintenance operations including out of hours.
- Participation in Emergency call out operations including out of hours.
- To drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (EG oil and water checks etc) and cleaning.
- All aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, footway and carriageway patching, kerbing works, minor civil’s works, ironworks and drainage.
- Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carrying out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly completing the Checksafe App.
- Recording of Drivers hours.
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation including photographing works in line with operational requirements utilising a handheld tablet device.
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers.
Driving Responsibilities - transportation of materials / colleagues to and from site
Completion of planned and reactive highways maintenance activities within the network Ensure work is completed to a high-quality standard in line with HSEQ / contract standards
Report issues around completion of works / HSEQ standards to relevant supervisor manager for immediate
Monitor / record use of materials and document process / procedure Use of technology to record completed works / provide proof of service
What are we looking for?
Essential - Candidates MUST have an LGV licence and hold a CPC to enable driving duties in vehicles over 7.5 tonnes
Desirable - NRSWA Operative – But training will be provided
Desirable - Winter Maintenance Quals - City and Guilds
Desirable - experience of Driving a range of multi-use vehicles and plant / applicable quals Desirable - experience of delivering highways maintenance activities in a fast paced / multi-site environment
Desirable - experience / quals related to a highway’s maintenance specialism
- 12D RTM Operative (Mod T1/T2)
- Abrasive Wheels
- Banksman Slinger
- EUSR (Highways)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Environmental Awareness Toolbox Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
- Manual Handling
Oil And Gas