About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Foreman to join our Regional team to work in Arborfield.
What you'll be doing
- To provide supervision of the works and control of a team comprising Gangers and direct labour force;
- Supervision and control of the works of Subcontractors.
As a Foreman you will:
Who we're looking for
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities;
- Input into the production of Work Package Plans and Risk Assessments;
- Provide suggestions and recommendations for Temporary Works solutions;
- Identify potential hazards and proactively implement actions and controls;
- Identify future requirements for setting out and communicate to Engineering team;
- Ensure that the workforce / Gangers have sufficient and correct information in terms of specification, workmanship and finish;
- Ensure that all Non Conformances are reported as required;
- Input into weekly programme and monitor progress against KPIs;
- Validation of labour and plant records to the project cost control procedure;
- Weekly review of small tools and plant list.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
Why work for us
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately;
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours / nights / Weekends;
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card;
- Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.