Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a Highway Maintenance Technician/CDL Driver to fill a full-time role in the Pompano Beach, FL area. The position is responsible for performing general maintenance of the highway maintenance project assigned.
• Cleans and grades ditches, drainage structures, highway road shoulders, slopes
• Repair work including, but not limited to, repair of fences, sign repair, litter debris removal, and other highway maintenance activities to include emergency response
• Use all equipment safely
• Drive standard shift vehicles
• Completes landscape maintenance duties, such a mowing, chemical and fertilizer application, weed control, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming and pruning.
• Operates a variety of mechanical equipment, including but not limited to, bed edgers, commercial mowers (ztr’s and possible bush hog), blowers, dump trailers, chain saw, and line trimmers.
• Care for equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
• The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard landscaping practices, including but not limited to mowing, weed eating, corrective pruning and fertilization.
Perform on-call duties as needed.
- Active Class-A CDL strongly preferred (FL)
- Experience in roadside herbicide strongly preferred; herbicide license preferred.
- Must be local and available for on-call duties as needed
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must have transportation to and from Company office
- Be able to lift fifty to sixty pounds (50 - 60lbs.)
Be able to comply with Company Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Be able to work overtime, nights and weekends
- At least one year of highway maintenance or construction skills are strongly preferred
- MOT certificate must be obtained