About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Ground Engineering team to work in Basingstoke.
The role is a combination of remote working with some travel to the Basingstoke office and site visits.
What you'll be doing
- Managing all costs relating to piling projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures;
- Seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
Who we're looking for
- Order information and systematically checks data;
- Prepare and monitors cost forecasts, recognise and price/negotiate entitlement to additional payment;
- Critically appraise, estimate and negotiate the above with 3rd parties;
- Recognise the need for simple programmes to enable correct forecasting;
- Assist with the preparation of delay and disruption programmes;
- Analyse the commercial progress and report to senior project staff;
- Ability to show excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- Prepare procurement programme and helps develop the strategy;
- Analyse rate & price, agree variations and or compensation events as required;
- Fully comply with the contract requirements on notices/variations to protect our position and maximise recovery;
- Prepare, submit and negotiate claims when required;
- Prepare Internal report, commercial progress and financial reconciliation;
- Maintain own Personal Development Plan;
- Actively supports the development of others;
- Produce plans for team to achieve goals / aspirations;
- Supports recruitment of lower grades.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
The following experience/qualifications are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent;
- Previous experience working on civil projects and NEC form of contract
- Experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
The following experience/qualifications are desirable:
Why work for us
- Commercial experience within the construction and piling industry;
- Experience of working as a subcontractor;
- Teamwork / Role Model;
- Achievement Focus (Achieving Results);
- Business and Customer Awareness;
- Applies organisational aims & objectives;
- Identifies with the customer needs;
- Recognises opportunities & threats.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
Coaching And Mentoring