What is the purpose of this role?
We are currently expanding our team at our Milton Keynes Site and require Senior Mechanical Technicians with experience in the Energy from Waste, Petrochemical or Power sector. Ideal candidates with have significant experience working within one of the following areas:
- Steam valve overhaul/maintenance
- Steam turbines
- Hydraulic system overhaul/maintenance
- Gas Engines
The Mechanical Technician shall support the Lead Mechanical Engineer in maintaining services, plant and apparatus in all areas of the plant and across the three technologies. Our facility has a Mechanical Treatment, Anaerobic Digester and an Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant.
As well as a Competitive Salary, we provide a generous holiday allowance and a wider benefits scheme. We also offer access to training and development and each role follows a career path framework.
What will this role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Help to maintain standards as set out in the KPI’s
- Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management or the CMMS ensuring quick resolution
- Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, customers, premises and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices always
- Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to
- Always undertake role in a professional and safe manner
- Carry out team briefings and tool box talks
- Perform PPM checks, inspections and reports in an efficient and prompt manner
- Experience in working with a Computerised Maintenance Management or willing to undertake training at a level applicable to role.
- Good understanding of proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring.
- Experience of carrying out mechanical maintenance.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
- IOSH qualification
- CSE/GCSE equivalent
- EFW Maintenance experience of 3 or more years
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding and writing of SSoW and Risk Assessments
- Work within a Permit to work system
- Specialist proven skills in one of the following Coded Welding, Pressure Vessels, Combined Heat and Power Gas Systems maintenance and servicing , Steam Turbine maintenance and servicing, Steam Valves.
- Previous experience of working within the role required.
- Experience maintaining EFW plants
- Experience supervising a working party under SSoW and RA.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.