Seattle MainProject Location(s):
Seattle, WA 98134 USAMinimum Years Experience:
Turner Construction is the leading commercial construction general contractor in the United States. TurnerSelf-Perform Operations (SPO) is an in-house resource providing concrete andself-perform services to Turner projects. Turner SPO has been executingself-perform work in the greater Seattle area since 1987 beginning with theconcrete scope on the Two Union Square tower in Seattle. Since its inception,Turner SPO has engaged in building a wide range of project types includingaquariums, stadiums, hospitals, high-rise residential towers, office complexesand civic buildings. Our self-perform projects range in volume between $200,000to $80 million.
Turner is looking for aconfident, organized, team-oriented superintendent with experience runninglarge concrete packages on ground-up midrise or high rise projects. This is a time of great growth for the self perform division of the Seattle office, with mobility opportunities and excitingprojects.
PositionDescription: Plan, forecast, lead,direct and coordinate the work of Turner self-perform concrete operationsstaff, subcontractors and suppliers. Ensure safety, schedule sequence,quality of work performed, production planning and tracking, and adherence tocontracted scope, are performed as planned. Supervise trade labor in areaof responsibility.
Reports To: Project Superintendent, SPO GeneralSuperintendent, or SPO Manager
Essential Duties &Responsibilities*:
- Sequence work to meet project schedule and estimated productivity. Communicate with project super to incorporate SPO activities, durations, and flow into the project schedule.
- Establish production requirements with Foreman and measure results weekly.
- Plan, communicate, and implement the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work of assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule.
- Develop and implement the concrete self-perform safety plan in compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop trade forepersons within the concrete or other assigned scopes, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Investigate, communicate and resolve field issues with owners and architects/engineers.
- Manage the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage installation of work in compliance with the approved contract documents.
- Accurately take-off work and manage procurement of materials.
- Assist in bidding work to review productivity and approach for executing the work.
- Perform constructability reviews.
- Utilize lean construction methods such as Last Planner System.
Qualifications: A minimum of 8 years' construction experience, with at least 4 years' experience as a superintendent on projects of a similar size and type. Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, including Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in EH&S applications. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedules. Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor