Detroit, MI 48226 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Responsible for leading, directing and coordinating the work of Turner trade employees. The Carpenter Foreman is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project.
Reports to: Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Executive, and Trades Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be a working foreman while leading carpenters to complete jobsite related projects.
• Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, \tquality control and trade employee staffing levels.
• Possess the skills necessary to complete rough carpentry work, site logistical work, fencing, deck and \tplatform \tbuilding, \tprotection systems, construction waste areas, and jobsite cleanup.
• Completes and submits time sheets, daily construction reports, and required safety paperwork\tdaily.
• Participate in interviews and recommend hires for trades staff.
• Supervise and develop trade employees, as assigned, including providing input on or completing \tperformance appraisals.
• Address staff needs and resolve problems. Provide staff feedback, reward, and discipline as required.
• Assist in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment.
• Reviews jobsite needs with the superintendents & foreman and coordinates construction.
• Participate in the activities of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Estimate, inventory, monitor, and request time, staff, material, and equipment needed to complete work.
• Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skidsteer, excavator, compactors, and construction\thoist
• \tAssist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade \temployees/subcontractors \tcompliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, \tregulations, and jobsite security
• Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
• Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
• Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer —minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and exposure to \tsupervisory responsibilities.
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Moderate technical abilities including the utilization of a smart phone/tablet and supported software
• Proficiency in EH&S applications.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and \tproject schedule.
• Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations \tand understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers.
• OSHA 30-hour certification
• Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Hardworking And Dedicated