Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.The opportunity
Be a part of our construction business where you can deliver some of the most recognised and celebrated projects, from fixed price contracting to construction management and everything in between.The role
Senior Sustainability Manager
To be an expert and promote innovation/change in a particular area of sustainability i.e. waste, energy/carbon, water, responsible sourcing of materials or sustainable buildings.
To be a proactive generalist, able to cover all major sustainability issues with all relevant stakeholders.
To support the drive for Mace to continue to lead in sustainability.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the project and client teams deliver Mace corporate targets and client ambitions.
- Aiming to innovate, exceed and deliver positive sustainability outcomes beyond compliance.
- Ensuring sustainability reporting and compliance requirements are met in the most business efficient manner.
- Embedding the data collection process throughout the business and finding standardized, company-wide solutions.
- Supporting work winning through bid support, innovation, client liaison, up-skilling of colleagues and raising Mace’s profile externally.
- Managing the risk assessment tools and optimising (Mace bespoke responsible business reporting software) and Tracker Plus.
- Guiding in the responsible business training and communications to coach and communicate in simple, impactful ways including translation and education of the group strategy and annual goals for each area.
- Creating of league tables and KPI in order to manage reporting.
- Managing green building certification processes.
- Standing as a focal point for technical support and able to trouble shoot.
- Translating the technical topics into laypersons language and articulate the value of sustainability.
- Representing Mace at relevant forums and through presentations to clients and working groups.
- Supporting sustainability and encouraging behavioural change throughout the business.
- Helping bid teams differentiate Mace in work winning.
- Driving client and Mace corporate responsible business outcomes.
- Influencing internal stakeholders and suppliers to change behaviours and drive results.
- Meeting and networking with strategic clients.
- Seeking and promoting innovative solutions/technologies.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- 6+ year’s previous involvement with construction and development projects.
- 10+ years’ experience of sustainability delivery and related process i.e. environmental audit or sustainable design.
- Expertise in Mace’s Environmental Management Systems (EMS) 14001.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in one or more relevant sustainability topics (waste, carbon/energy, responsible sourcing, water, biodiversity).
- Good training and coaching skills.
- Expertise in communicating technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical, rigorous approach to data, league tables and KPI performance of projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A degree qualification in relevant science or construction subject.
- Practitioner or higher level member of IEMA or similar professional body.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
Environmental Management Systems