Work with Amey on the UK’s most exciting rail project!
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The Estimating Manager will lead Estimating within the Project Team, and report into the Alliance Estimating Lead.
You will interface with the Project Bid Manager, Commercial and Procurement teams to support estimating activities on Section Proposals and manage specialist discipline estimating support functions to ensure delivery of the required information to timescales.
You will have:
What will this role involve?
- 10 + years’ experience in estimating & construction experience in a rail environment.
- Significant experience of producing Target Prices.
- Experience in leading and managing large estimating teams.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Rail Method of Measurement.
- Ability to focus under pressure on major estimate submissions and reviews.
- Commitment to safety and wellbeing.
- Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership.
You will be accountable for the delivery of all estimating on your project including:
What are we looking for?
- Accountable for managing the estimating process on the allocated project and reporting updates to the Alliance Estimating Lead and Commercial Lead on the Project.
- Implement estimating strategy of progression of estimate through estimate refreshes, GRIP Estimates and Target Cost.
- Responsible for presentation of Estimates at Section Proposals, Estimate Refreshes and GRIP Submissions.
- Accountable for clear and accurate estimating within the allocated project, including baseline production, maintenance and variance analysis.
- Analysis of estimating data to identify opportunities, variances, issues and trends on the project allocated.
- Manage the validation of estimating source data, using benchmarks or other comparisons to assess value for money on the allocated project.
- Production and Approval of GRIP Estimates that meet Stage Gate timescales.
- Production and Approval of Section Proposal estimating that meet timescales of the Section Proposal Strategy.
- Development and Delivery of a robust strategy for achieving Design to Cost KRA1.
- Degree qualified or equivalent FRICS or equivalent.
- Holder of valid UK driving licence.
- Legal understanding relevant to contracts.
- Clear understanding of the importance of robust business processes and systems and a strong commitment to quality.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
- Strong commercial acumen and winning mentality.
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness.
- Outstanding communication skills, with good stakeholder management.
- Experience of leading key strategic bids.
- Personal determination and enthusiasm to drive dynamic change.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to build an effective team.
- Environmental awareness for managers.
- IOSH managing safely.
- Visible Felt Leadership.
Hardworking And Dedicated