Canada - VancouverProject Location(s):
Vancouver, BC V5K 0A1 CANMinimum Years Experience:
Foreign LocalJob Classification:
Bachelors DegreeJob Family:
As the largest general contractor in North America,Turner is a leader in all major market segments, including healthcare,education, commercial, sports, aviation, pharmaceutical, retail and greenbuilding. Driven by a commitment to continuous improvement, Turner embracesBuilding Information Modeling and lean construction methods to improveefficiency and enhance client value.
The company has earnedrecognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation,embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients,employees and community.
With a staff of 10,000 employees, the company completes$12 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year. Turner offersclients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability andresources of a multi-national organization.
With our continued growth and our focus on the highereducation sector. We are looking for the right Project Manager to help uscontinue to aggressively grow and flourish in the Vancouver market. Astrong people leader who will motivate and inspire our team to deliver theoutstanding experience and results that Turner is known for.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Previous experience in Higher Education is required.
- Develop a high-performance team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Understand and administer Turner's contract and subcontract agreements.
- Foster and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Establish, update, and communicate Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation.
- May work with Preconstruction team in development of project.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Program.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Work with Accounting to initiate Pay Application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review Meetings (ORMs).
- Support and drive utilization of various Turner initiatives and technologies.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of ten years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Prove written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Product Quality Assurance