About the role
Balfour Beatty Homes has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor- Housing to join our team to work at the Maxim Business Park, Motherwell.
What you'll be doing
- Controlling and reporting on company expenditure from procurement to Final Account;
- The Commercial Department is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on all of the Divisional developments by controlling the cost of sales, as well as ensuring that all Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to;
- The post holder will be responsible for Procurement in line with programme, preparation of Budgets, Payments, Cost Value reconciliations and the administration of Health and Safety procedures.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Operations Manager;
- Prepare full enquiry packs and collate all tender information;
- Analyse tenders upon return;
- Prepare tender analysis, comparing individual tenders against each other, previous developments and budget;
- Issue Health and Safety Contractor checklists for new contractors, ensuring they conform to BBH policies and procedures;
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments;
- Compile subcontract Orders / appointments;
- Prepare customer extras schedule for Commercial Manager to agree with Head of Sales;
- Price agreed customer extras schedule with final sub-contractors.
- Analyse sub-contractor invoices/applications;
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Commercial Manager;
- Issue contra charges as appropriate;
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up-to-date following completion of each payment run.
Cost / Value Reconciliations:
- Agree and input progress;
- Prepare subcontract accruals;
- Produce Valuation Breakdown Reconciliation;
- Assist in carrying out cost and value reconciliation on all items.
Other responsibilities, but not limited to:
Who we're looking for
- Issue Variation Orders as appropriate;
- Attend site-based project meetings and verify contractor claims;
- Ensure familiarity with Balfour Beatty Homes Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities;
- Comply with company policies, procedures and instructions at all times;
- Implement new ideas and methods whilst continuing to seek ways of improving both;
- Contributing to the organisations goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
Why work for us
- Qualified to a minimum level of HNC in a construction related course;
- Experience in a similar position working on residential projects;
- The individual will ideally hold a valid and appropriate CSCS card or commit to obtaining one;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated and well organised with ability to operate efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Investment Information Security Policy;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Zero Harm Agenda.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Homes create aspirational living space and we pride ourselves on great design, operational excellence and exceptional customer service.
Our quality homes are supported by the highest standard of service and we pride ourselves in adhering to the consumer code for home builders.
Balfour Beatty Homes is part of the Balfour Beatty Group within the Investments division. Balfour Beatty is the UK's largest infrastructure company, designing, building and maintaining the structures that underpin our daily lives.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Hardworking And Dedicated