About the role
Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Site Manager to join our investments team to work in East Scotland - South East of Edinburgh - Location Polbeth
What you'll be doing
- Support the day to day delivery of high quality housing development projects in accordance with HSES, programme, quality and cost expectations;
- Take ownership of the completion of properties from pre-plaster inspection through to handover to the sales team and the customer;
- Deputise for the Site Manager as and when necessary.
As an Assistant Site Manager you will:
- Support the site manager on a day to day basis, to deliver projects safely and to time, cost, quality and sustainability targets, in line with company expectations;
- Support the Sales and Customer Care teams to ensure seamless handover from delivery to occupation and maximise customer satisfaction;
- Ensure duties are carried out in line with BBH Operational Policies and Procedures and company standards relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Sustaibility (HSES);
- Deliver regular tool box talks and motivate and coach the site team to optimise performance;
- Attend project team meetings as required and support the Head of Operations to satisfy the companys operational aims and targets;
- Support he delivery fo the project in accordance with agreed budget.
Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability:
- Take responsibility for Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability matters relating to the delivey of the project and ensure compliance with company and statutory health and safery policies and best practice;
- Ensure all RAMS are reviewed prior to allowing contractors to start on site;
- Complete regular health and safety inspections in accordance with company and statutory requirements and record and address any findings;
- Identify and address any issues associated with non-compliance with company or statutory policies;
- Ensure appropriate segregation is provided at all times between operational and occupied areas of the development;
- Ensure site establishment, offices and welfare facilities are presented to an excellent standard at all times;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- To effectively plan, programme and co-ordinate all aspects of the works for pre-plaster through to completion to ensure efficient progress is made line with agreed build programmes;
- Daily management of resource levels and materials call-offs to maximise efficiency, prevent delay, minimise unnecessary wastage, and control cost;
- Monitor performance of directly employed labour and supply chain resource to ensure delivery to BBH standards and ensure timely and appropriate corrective action taken where needed;
- Ensure progress is accurately recorded and short term or recovery programmes prepared to address any shortfalls;
- Obtain NHBC CML certificates in line with agreed programmes;
- Deliver monthly, half year, and year end build completions.
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the proposed designs and specifications;
- Ensure compliance with planning consents, Building Regulations and NHBC standards;
- Adopt a comprehensive testing and inspection regime and quickly address any issues identified;
- Carry out final inspection of all properties and ensure quality is in line with company expectations.
Who we're looking forProfessional Profile:
- Work closely with the project Quantiity Survey to appreciate and understand the commercial implications and drivers associated with the delivery of the project;
- Ensure that no trades commence on site without an appropriate order or instruction being in place;
- Ensure any additional works are identified and approved in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- This is a position for an individual with previous experience in Site / Project Management in the Open Market Sale housing sector who is an excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently;
- The individual will hold a valid CSCS card, be SMSTS qualified, be willing to become First Aid qualified and have a strong awareness of scaffold and temporary works;
- The individual should have confidence in their ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets.
Why work for us
- Good written, verbal and communication skills;
- Self motivated and well organised with ability to operate efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under pressure and motivate others to achieve deadlines;
- Able to clearly communicate requirements and ensure that these are followed accurately;
- Willingness to make decisions following consideration of options based on knowledge, experience and analysis of available options;
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel);
- Excellent role model for team and demonstrates required behaviors to align business, project and team objectives;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Investments Information Security Policy;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Zero Harm Agenda.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Coaching And Mentoring