About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior BIM Modeller Engineer to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Dartford, Kent.What you'll be doing
Support in the production of Models, Data, Scripts & Drawings for Cable Trench/Trough Layouts, Profile and Cross Section creation, estimating Earthwork Quantities and Corridor Grading (Cut and Fill), Electrical Layouts, As-Built and Mechanical
Assemblies, etc. Supports Scoping/Delivering of Projects to agreed time scales.
Produce final 3D / 2D drafting Manual with guidance of Digital engineering manager. Manage and audit all ouputs (2D drawings, schedules, quantities, descriptive data attributes) in line with company policy and department objectives.
As a Senior BIM Modeller Engineer, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Support the Engineering Department, Cabling/OHL/Substation Project Design teams through the provision of high-quality Engineering 3D Models/Data/Scripts/Drawings.
- Liaise as necessary with the Design Engineer to obtain the most suitable interpretation of Design requirements.
- Competently apply Technical & Practical Skills interpreting Designs into Construction Details. Develop and maintains specialist ability in Autodesk packages such as Civils 3D, Infraworks, Revit, Inventor focussed at Utilities
- Responsible for the translation of Designs into Computational Scripts and Data Management Processes, and onto buildable Construction Details.
- Communication of complex Engineering principles to Stakeholders digitally.
- Attending site to carry out surveys and capture digital measurements.
- Control of all allocated Models/Drawings in line with BS1192 - PAS 1192-2 & ISO 19650 for delivery of BIM projects at Design & Construction stage.
- Understand, maintain and apply Divisional QA policy and procedures in line with the requirements of ISO9001:2000 and to ensure that corrective and preventive action in respect of products, services and the quality system are effective, as well as ensures that work complies with legislation, Code of Conduct, Contract Performance Procedure and good practise guides.
- To push the boundaries of what Computational Design can be in Civils / Infrastructures / Utilities Department and help to lead Digital Engineering development, supporting a variety of projects with computational expertise, and
forming Digital Engineering attitudes towards a computational approach, developing computational strategies, parametric and coded workflows, as well as Digital tools in addition to support Digital Engineering Manager on
developing Computational visions and approaches.
- Works independently and collaboratively driving Digital Engineering processes.
- Develop tactics for algorithmic and emergent Design principles, e.g. multi agent systems using Revit and Dynamo skills, as well as familiarity Grasshopper.
- Conducts and applies research and development in support of the company's Digital Engineering objectives.
- Ability to interpret and communicate information of a complex nature.
- Proactive commitment to on-going learning and maintaining of industry awareness.
- Liaising with others e.g. Site Operatives, Procurement, Commercial teams.
- Participate in the development of all software packages, and in particular, the introduction of new facilities and their use by other members of the Digital Engineering team.
- To support the delivery of BIM strategies and data workflows, as well as promotes positive culture and behaviours commensurate with the Balfour Beatty Way of Doing Business
- Assist on production and review of Digital Engineering documentation such as EIR, BEP, MIDP, TIDP, LOD Matrix, COBie Data Drop Matrix, as well as generation of schedules and material list from design authoring software's.
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Minimum experience of 5+ years in relevant fields, mainly Revit/C3D experience.
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience of Computation/Digital Design within Engineering environment.
- Specialist using Autodesk Civil 3D and or Revit.
- Experience in Substation/Power generation.
- Shows personal courage awareness, strengths and development needs, demonstrate a strong personal integrity.
- Has an open, non threatened attitude to feedback.
- Maintains emotional composure during times of stress, pressure of disagreement.
- Good Health and Safety Awareness.
- Technically aware of limitations as well as good team player.
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk 3D Studio Max.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Infraworks.
- Experience in Scripting/Coding.
- Experience using a range of equipment to produce surveys, including Laser Scanning, GPS and conventional methods.
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from 50,000 schemes to 100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.About us
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
click here to continue.-->
C++ (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Visual Basic (Programming Language)
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)