Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a Lead Maintenance Technician/Mowing Tractor Operator in the Orlando, FL area. This position is responsible for operating a Highway Mowing Tractor and performing general maintenance of the highway maintenance project assigned.
• Operates Kubota 115hp mowing tractor with 15’ batwing mower
• Operates zero-turn riding mower
• Operates other pieces of equipment (mini-excavator, skid-steer, bush hog, etc.)
• Cares for equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
• Uses hand equipment, such as: trimmer, edger, pole-saw, blower
• Applies herbicide
• Cleans and grades ditches, drainage structures, highway road shoulders, slopes, removes litter and debris
• Repairs work including, but not limited to, repair of fences, sign repair, and other highway maintenance activities to include emergency response
• Use all equipment safely
• Drive standard shift vehicles
• The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard tractor mowing operation, practices, including but not limited to mowing along interstate systems in rural and suburban areas.
• Perform on-call duties as needed.
• Experience in mowing tractor operation required, experience mowing along roadside a plus
• Valid driver's license required; CDL strongly preferred
• Experience in roadside herbicide strongly preferred; herbicide license preferred.
• Must be local and available for on-call duties as needed
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
• Must have transportation to and from Company office in Ocoee, FL
• Be able to lift fifty to sixty pounds (50 - 60lbs.)
• Be able to comply with Company Drug and Alcohol Policy
• Be able to work overtime, nights and weekends
• At least four years of highway maintenance experience strongly preferred; previous lead/supervisory experience preferred
• MOT certificate must be obtained