TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working. What is the purpose of this role?
This person will lead and manage a P&D/HV engineering team for Track & Electrification on the Transpire Alliance, ensure the projects compliance with current standards and the requirements of Network Rail, and that the CRE role duties are discharged in line with the relevant issue of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/INI/02009.
37.5 HOURS What will this role involve?
What are we looking for?
- To lead and manage all P&D/HV engineering activities for their team
- To co-operate with the other engineering teams and disciplines
- To plan and implement P&D/HV engineering activities
- To monitor and improve / develop engineering competence of the team - specific to P&D/HV
- To plan and undertake briefings on engineering issues - specific to P&D/HV
- To assist the CEM with engineering initiatives
- To assist the Competence Manager with engineering competence assessments - specific to P&D/HV
- To undertake P&D/HV CRE (construction) duties (subject to nomination and authorisation)
- To contribute to all necessary engineering documentation (programmes, WPP, TB’s etc.) - specific to P&D/HV
- To review all necessary engineering site documentation (programmes, WPP, TB’s etc.) - specific to P&D/HV
- Identify any deviations from any standards (e.g. Network Rail Standards) and submit applications for derogations where appropriate.
- Engineering assurance and quality control.
- Support the CEM in the discharge of their role duties including Construction Design Management (CDM) compliance and the clients Common Safety Method Risk Assessment (CSM-RA) and Hazard Log.
- To actively participate in, and engage with, external (e.g. ORR, Client) and internal (e.g. Amey and Transpire) audits.
- To lead the team on site and in the office
- Must be able to drive.
- Satisfy requirements of PTS medical.
- Sufficient underpinning knowledge or HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or similar approved qualification.
- Computer literate for office systems and planning tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Certified Reliability Engineer
Certified In Exhibition Management (Cem)
Phoronix Test Suite