“As a Site Agent, you will take full ownership for your section of works ensuring you meet client and company performance expectations”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
We are recruiting for a Site Agent to work on an exciting Highways Scheme in Northampton. The project is part of Highways England’s flagship Smart Motorways Programme and is being delivered in joint venture between Galliford Try and Costain. We are improving the 37.9km (23.6 miles) section of the M1 between junctions 13 and 16, which passes through Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire and links to the towns of Bedford, Milton Keynes and Northampton. The project will involve upgrading this section to an All-Lane Running (ALR) smart motorway. Worth in excess of £370m the scheme will continue to run until April 2022
As a Site Agent, you will take full ownership for your section of works ensuring you meet client and company performance expectations.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Day to day management of a section of works including the supervision and monitoring of the site team and supply chain.
- Plan, control and monitor the progress of the works and coordinate the section(s) of the project as allocated.
- Manage multiple packages of work in conjunction with the commercial team taking full ownership of the costs for section of work assigned.
- Ensure any changes in scope (operations, commercial, programme or design) are captured and managed.
- Understand any temporary works requirements.
- Undertake value engineering solutions.
- Attend external meetings as required with clients and stakeholders, building effective relationships.
- Report to the Project Manager on progress and performance.
- Assist the Project Manager in administering the cost forecast, valuation and reporting systems.
- Implementing and attending weekly and monthly site meetings.
- Ensure all site team and supply chain are working to the latest design information.
- Undertake material take offs where required and ensure materials are ordered and reconciled.
- Conduct regular H&S checks and CDM audits.
- Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Permit to Work systems, site inductions and safety briefings are correctly carried out.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and problems that may arise.
- Ensure and maintain strict quality control procedures.
- Ensure site team keep site diaries up to date.
- Effectively lead and manage direct reports ensuring appropriate competence is maintained, including annuals PDR’s.
- Monitor capability of staff and contractors to undertake current and prospective workloads and report to senior management.
- Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
We are looking for passion and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid experience as a senior site agent with exposure to roadworks, structures and earthworks packages of work then I want to hear from you. You’ll be able to read & interpret data, drawings and specifications as well as strong knowledge of CDM 15.
Obviously, you’ll have the usual good stuff such as an HNC or degree in civil engineering and valid CSCS, but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to work safely, motivate and manage our site teams and subcontractors on site as well as strive for exceptional levels of performance, if this is you, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Site Agent role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley [ Link removed ]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community