Louis Berger currently looking for qualified candidates to fill open Fuel Handler/ Truck Driver positions in the Middle East to support the US Army at various sites in Kuwait and Iraq
All candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
To receive, transport, issue and deliver petroleum products using various Government Furnished and Leased Commercial fuel tankers and equipment to provide fuel support serviced as directed by USG.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Able to perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) prior, during, and after use of assigned equipment.
- Ability to operates M978 HEMTT trucks, M969 tankers, Commercial tankers, and special purpose equipment
(SPE) associated with petroleum distribution. (Both inside and outside camp perimeter).
- Able to perform retail dispensing and bulk fuel transfer utilizing equipment associated with
petroleum distribution to approved customers equipment or tankers.
- Must be familiar with the procedures for Receiving, Storing, and Issuing three types of POL fuel
products (JP8, MOGAS, and Diesel/DF1 and DF2).
- Able to perform visual fuel samples and document results to accept or reject contaminated fuel.
- Routinely transfer fuel between tankers or storage tanks as needed
- Able to conduct multiple daily trips to fuel depots to replenish fuels stocks.
- Deliver Bulk or Retail fuel to a Logistics Release Point (LRP) or designated location in
support of approved customers and the Fuel section as directed
- Perform accurate gauging and execute accountability procedures of fuel products from the time received until
- Fuels and de-fuels vehicles and stationary equipment. Take emergency action to prevent harm
to self and facilities in the event of Fuel spillage or fire.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned sweeping and trash removal from break rooms,
storage, Truck containments and retail areas
- Performs other related tasks as directed Responsibilities
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Government Furnished Equipment:
- M978 2,500 Gallon Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT)
- Anton Paar Digital Density Meter
- Gammon API and Millipore (Sampling and Gauging Kit)
- 300 GPM Centrifugal Fuel Transfer pump and various fuel dispensing equipment
- Commercial Fuel tankers ranging in capacity from 4,000 to 9,511 gallons manufactured by (MAN,
IVECO, Mercedes, DAF, and Volvo)
- Work is outdoors with exposure to extreme ambient temperatures, sandstorms, and lightning
- The Fuel Section areas have potential for exposure to Environmental (Snakes, Scorpions)and Chemical Hazards
- Other exposures are transporting fuel over the Iraq Highways and inside congested or confined areas at the work Locations.
- Employees are required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which includes but is not
limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
- Employees may be required to work overtime or adjusted shifts to complete mission
- Position may require driving over 500 km daily depending on mission requirements
- Must comply with Military, OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules
- Physical requirements include lifting, pulling, extended sitting or also standing includes climbing ladders and working from heights.
- Other Physical Requirements include repetitive motions of entering and exiting of fuel tankers
- Must possess normal color vision and depth perception and normal hearing ranges
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in oral and written English with a basic level of skill is required
- Must Physically be able to operate fuel transporters for extended periods time
Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education
if the degree is required.