Turner UniversalProject Location(s):
Memphis, TN 38119 USAMinimum Years Experience:
No Degree/DiplomaJob Family:
Position Description: Responsible for installing mild reinforcing steel and cable tensioning systems.
Reports to: Concrete Foreman, Superintendent, and Trades Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines and hand and or automatic powered tools.
- Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions. Must possess knowledge necessary to accurately measure, place, identify bar sizes for correct spacing and placement indicated on shop drawings, structural drawings and vendor tags.
- Cut rods to required lengths, using gas and or electric chop/demo saws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches.
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using manual and automatic methods including but not limited to, wire and pliers, twist loop ties, electric and cordless tie guns, etc.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh correctly inside forms prior to placement of concrete in order to reinforce concrete.
- Place blocks, concrete brick, slab bolsters, chairs, or specific supports under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when reinforcing floors.
- Bend steel rods with hand tools and rod bending machines
- Operate equipment such as forklift
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying – Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer —minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Minimum of three (3) years of position related experience
- Be proficient in the use of use of rod-bending machines, acetylene torches, and various hand tools.
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
Hardworking And Dedicated