About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a P6 Planner to join our Rail team to work at the Treforest Industrial Estate, PONTYPRIDD.What you'll be doing
As a P6 Planner you will be:
Who we're looking for
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning standards, procedures and guidance;
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements;
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme;
- Establishing and agreeing with operations construction outputs and agree working hours with appropriate Estimator;
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning;
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports;
- Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements;
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable;
- Monitor and report on progress against plan;
- Advise Implementation team of logic and communicate amendments;
- Reconciling company and subcontract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary;
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues;
- Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning standards.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
Why work for us
- Excell and MS access and Earned Value Management;
- P6 Management;
- Excellent communication skills.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.