We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better What will this role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Safe and efficient operation of the Plant during steady state, start up, shutdown and emergency situations.
- Ensure day to day compliance with all aspects of the Environmental Permit, reporting to the ATT/ERF Shift Team Leader any non-compliance or incident for further reporting to the Principle Operations Manager, Compliance Manager, ATT/ERF Manager or his/her delegate
- Work within the company’s Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems and all relevant legislationTo be authorised under the Site Safety Rules to the level of Nominated Person and carry out the relevant responsibilities as suchParticipate in
- Company/Site HSE initiatives including the HSE forum activities
- Liaise closely with the Maintenance Team to ensure the Plant is fully operational and running optimally.
- Coach and mentor new site personnel on all aspects of ATT/ERF Plant operations and ensure they comply with all of the above
- Ensure all documentation, shift handovers, maintenance requests and associated supporting information is provided and recorded in a timely and consistent manner.
- Previous experience working within the Energy from Waste environment
- Working to defined KPI deliverables
- Evidence of a proficient level of practical O&M experience/knowledge
- Evidence of a proficient level of combustion and boiler process experience/knowledge
- Demonstrable successful operation of an Energy from Waste facility(s)
Have worked on complex operational sites previously What makes this role unique?
You will carry out work associated with the delivery of the requirements with the Contract and all other external clients.