About the role
We are currently looking for a Finance Administrator to support the Balfour Beatty Vinci joint venture for the HS2 project in Birmingham
The role will be to carry out financial and administrative processes which underpin the provision of timely and accurate management information to support financial management within the project in accordance with the BBV way.What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- Carry out administrative processes to a high standard with attention to detail relating to cost control, reporting, accruals and prepayments in accordance with the BBV way.
- Work closely alongside other members of the finance team, to support overall delivery of the project.
- Ensuring all documents are signed by an authorised person prior to input. Liaise with appropriate person to obtain signatures as and when required.
- Matching invoices to relevant accruals as and when required
- Management, recording and resolution of invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Process and administer labour hours for payroll purposes and internal reporting requirements.
- Including all the relevant and appropriate checks to ensure the hours are reconciled with clocking information and allocation detail and any discrepancies addressed in a timely manner.
- Produce reports, as required, to inform interested parties of plant and labour costs.
- Administration, housekeeping and reporting of Timesheet Portal
- Other adhoc duties as required
- Depending on volume, the above tasks may be split into categories by type eg Materials, Labour, Plant, etc and responsibility allocated across the team members for responsibility of delivery. However,
- Understanding of all responsibilities allows for holiday/sick cover for team members.
Why work for us
- Knowledge of accounting routines is essential
- Construction/construction related accounting experience is desirable
- Good attention to detail, a disciplined and organised approach to work and the ability to handle and work with complex data is required along with good communication skills.
- Good Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel. Experience of Oracle is desirable.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;About us
More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
56 culverts and other under-bridges;
66 embankments reaching over 33km;
Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.