About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SENIOR BUYER to join our Rail team to work in Redhill.
Work closely with the project team and the wider Balfour Beatty procurement community to develop and deliver the procurement strategy in accordance with Main Contract terms, BBR procurement policies and processes.What you'll be doing
You will have the following accountabilties:
Who we're looking for
- Ensure project requirements are met and best value deals are negotiated to meet and exceed savings targets.
- Responsible for the project spend including, Materials and Subcontracts.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure T&Cs are flowed down from the main contract.
- To own the Procurement Strategy and Procurement Schedule for the project and keep them updated.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary sourcing team through the ITT process in line with the agreed Procurement Strategy to select the best supplier or subcontractor.
- Negotiate agreements for Project that support on time delivery and meet Health, Safety & Sustainability requirements.
- Proactively investigate and propose supply chain improvements and initiatives.
- Manage compliance with processes and ensure quality standards are maintained across the team(s), recommending improvements where necessary,
- To work with the Sustainability team to create a Sustainability Roadmap.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Communication skills at all levels
- Negotiation skills (advanced)
- Basic Category Management knowledge
- Ability to set up a source team & run successful tenders/ ITTs
- Good understanding of legal frameworks and contract law
- Working knowledge of ORACLE/ P-cards etc.
- Ability to understand customer & business needs, and to prioritise work accordingly
- Commercial awareness
- Organisation and time management skills
- Procurement experience on a large project
- Experience of negotiating complex deals of high value/ business impact, with a track record of making savings
- Experience of running successful higher value/ higher risk tenders/ ITTs
- Has successfully run simultaneous packages and delivered positive business results
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
click here to continue.-->