About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SITE MANAGER - HV Cabling to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Derby - Site Based across England and Wales
What you'll be doing
- Front line management and day-to-day responsibility for Health & Safety, Quality, Cost Control and Client satisfaction. Supervise and monitor teams to consistently deliver value with the highest standard. Forward plan and programme the daily work to use all resources efficiently.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
Who we're looking for
- Planning, controlling and managing the delivery of day-to-day operations on your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
- Responsible for the identification and specification of resource requirements for project delivery, securing the required resource through the submission for formal requests to the central resourcing team
- Instil a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project team(s) to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership
- Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance
- Support the Project Manager/Project Engineer lead on developing a high performance culture of one team
- Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it
- Support Project Manager/Project Engineer in the day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring
- Promote a professional image on site.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Extensive site management experience on Cabling projects of up to 400kV;.
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control;
- Client (N.G) interaction experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology;
- Contracting Background.
Why work for us
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions;
- Risk Assessment trained or equivalent;
- A qualification in IOSH, CDM or equivalent is desirable;
- City and Guilds NVQ or equivalent.
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.About us
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Customer Relationship Management