The senior building surveyor required to support in the delivery and management of an expanding team in the Manchester region. You should be experienced in providing both professional and project delivery building surveying services working across a good breadth of sectors.
Our service offering tends to focus on national programmes of work involving significant size and scale. The offering includes:
- Programmes of survey instructions that include condition, dilapidations, investment due diligence and defect surveys.
- Programmes of refurbishment and maintenance project delivery or management and contract administration commissions.
- Specialist services to include party wall and bank/fund monitoring.
Due to a healthy portfolio of existing clients, combined with a significant increase in newly secured work, the team based out of Manchester has decided to increase its headcount. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, experienced building surveying team that has no glass ceiling and can provide you with a solid platform to develop your career at the pace you want it to.Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing feasibility studies and recommendations.
- Providing effective stakeholder engagement and briefing.
- Scoping, estimating and presenting reports.
- Undertaking surveys, design and specification services.
- Respecting and delivering services in accordance with best practice (and all legislation) in relation to asbestos, health and safety and etc.
- Managing a timely and effective post contract administration and final account agreement.
- Taking personal responsibility for service delivery.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Working with associate directors and directors to construct bids for new work.
- Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the sense internal database.
You have a degree in building surveying or equivalent and a member of the relevant institute such as RICS would be beneficial. You have knowledge and competency in building surveying. You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a building surveying experience in a consultancy environment and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.About us
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”