The MDX TMC Shift Supervisor shall have comprehensive knowledge of the MDX TMC Operator responsibilities. The MDX TMC Shift Supervisor is expected to perform MDX TMC Operators tasks efficiently. They may perform the MDX TMC Operator tasks during peak times and when MDX TMC Operators are on breaks and/or sick leave. The MDX TMC Shift Supervisor is the leader of the MDX TMC Operators and the performance of the MDX TMC Operators is a reflection of their performance.
1. MDX TMC Shift Supervisor has a comprehensive knowledge of the MDX TMC Operator responsibilities.
2. Performs the MDX TMC Operator tasks (i.e. dispatches Road Rangers and monitors Road Ranger activities, etc.) when needed.
3. Available for all “on‐call' responsibilities (weekends and nights)
4. Trains operators
5. Conducts Operator Quality Control (QC)
6. Ensures Shift Change Logs are correct
7. Ensures Shift Changes are managed efficiently
8. Maintains an efficient working knowledge of software and hardware.
9. Dispatches Road Rangers and monitors Road Ranger activities
10. Monitors and reports equipment failures
11. Maintains awareness of activities in the Control Room to assist other MDX TMC Operators when they are in need of assistance
12. Verifying receipt and accuracy of Road Ranger schedule and that the Road Ranger schedule is updated and accurate in SunGuide® Software.
13. Monitoring all lane blockage/closure events to ensure that all required fields in SunGuide® Software are entered correctly, such as FHP Incident Number.
14. Set positive example for MDX TMC Operators in the Control Room by conveying professional attitude, behavior, and work ethics at all times.
15. Asking questions to prompt and remind MDX TMC Operators to make all necessary phone calls, SunGuide® Software data entries, and other proper documentation.
16. Actively monitoring the roadways to detect events.
1. Team and customer oriented, provides superior services to other related departments.
2. Must have strong working knowledge of all required reference material.
3. Responsible for training of personnel meeting the required standards set by the SOG.
4. Responsible for supervising the assigned Operators, managing personnel issues and determining the appropriate disciplinary action if necessary.
5. Experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of programs that assure a safe work environment in compliance with all appropriate regulations. Strong knowledge of OSHA standards, hazardous materials regulations, and industrial hygiene.
6. Must be able to multi-task, working in a fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner. Demonstrates flexibility by adjusting readily to changing priorities. Makes decisions independently on problems and methods using the best available information at the time.
7. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments. Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
8. Must have strong computer skills to be able to efficiently use the software provided to maintain the operation and required data. Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise.
9. Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
10. Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
11. May be required to bend, climb, stoop, crawl, twist, walk and use all extremities depending on the work requirements. Must be capable of standing, sitting, walking, climbing and kneeling for long periods of time.
12. Able to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and “on-call” responsibilities and flexible hours when necessary.
Attention To Detail
Product Quality Assurance