Department:Data Management Office
Reports To:Manager of Data Management Office
The Senior Data Analyst‘s role is strategic for the design, implementation, and support of enterprise data initiatives and analyses. This role will be responsible to understand the data in our diverse applications and how they are related in order to streamline the integration of databases, applications, and external partners. This role will also be vital in modeling data structures in our next-generation data warehouse and visualization tool. This role will also be responsible for working with both IT and business teams in order to prioritize and extract value inherent within the organization’s data stores while leveraging BI tools and advanced analytics. Core technologies for this role include T-SQL, Power BI, Azure Databases, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake and other cloud technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze source system data. Understand how they relate. Understand how each system is used by various groups in the organization and how that impacts the life cycle of the data.
- Assess the quality of corporate data. Identify data quality issues in our master and reference data and work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and IT developers to remediate these data problems.
- Document current state of data and data repositories. Build business glossaries and data dictionaries as well as entity diagrams to facilitate data democratization.
- Interview end users to better understand their metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Documenting these definitions and map them to source system data elements.
- Model data structures for reporting and analytical purposes using Kimbal Methodology for the data warehouse and power BI.
- Create source-2-target mappings between source systems and the newly modeled warehouse. These mappings should explain how data should be transformed to fit the new models.
- Coach and work with ETL developers from a data meaning and transformation requirements perspective. Verify and validate their work.
- Educate IT and business teams on the models created for analytical and transactional purposes
- Deploy self-service data visualization and reporting solutions to end users providing easy access to data
- Maintain BI / analytic solutions in support of business processes. Serve as a fully seasoned and proficient technical resource - should be ready to get into the weeds of the code, analyze and research data problems and discuss technical details with the development / support team
- Support the business partners as they develop their own BI artifacts by helping to find hidden insights and connections within the data
- Complete at least one continuing education opportunity every quarter.
- Conduct at least one internal knowledge sharing workshop every year.
We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information technology or management information systems and 6+ years related work experience in data analysis and engineering, Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience modeling and implementing Data warehouses with Kimball Methodology
- Expertise at querying and manipulating data on multiple platforms
- Experience with Azure Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI
- Solid grounding in core financial enterprise applications
- Good project management skills and / or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Passion for data and its inherent hidden value to an organization
- Ability to analyze data, assess the quality, and establish relationships between structures
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to work across multiple business units or functional areas of the business
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Travel and Work Location
- Up to 10% travel will be required
- Must be available at the Charlotte, NC office during core business hours
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Extract Transform Load (Etl)