Chicago MainProject Location(s):
Chicago, IL 60603 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Position Description: Leads and supports at the Chicago and Indianapolis Business Units or Project Level efforts which are focused on enhancing customer value, nurturing a learning environment, facilitating continuous improvement processes, and maximizing project team collaboration.
Reports To: General Manager, Operations Manager, or Regional Lean Manager. If assigned to a specific project, reports to the Project Executive or Project Manager. Has a dotted line reporting relationship to Regional Lean Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:In the areas assigned:
- Change agent implementing strategies that develop and strengthen a lean enterprise culture in alignment with region and company goals and priorities
- Works daily with the team(s) in the utilization of the mechanics of Last Planner® System
- Is a key member of the Business Unit or Project Management team(s) providing insight, direction and strategic alignment to the business
- Utilizing the Launch Matrix, works with project teams to support a successful project launch
- Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a planning tool to achieve project and company goals
- Provides a consistent presence on assigned projects working with each team in setting up Visual Management, the Last Planner® System, 5S, etc.
- Supports development and implementation of local project and BU improvement and innovation initiatives through workshops, training, coaching, etc. to teach and practice lean principles, methods and tools
- Works with Regional Lean Manager and others to share and learn from improvement efforts
- Works with Regional Lean Manager to implement standard work for own activities (LPS coaching, Lean Training, etc.)
- Implements improvement and innovation projects based on direction set by business unit/regional leadership
- Facilitates the establishment of a lean management system and culture
- Develops and conducts standard lean training throughout region as well as supporting national training programs on topics such as: Last Planner® System, lean problem solving & process improvement, lean leadership and culture
- Conducts regular project reviews with the Project Team, Operations Manager, and Regional Lean Manager to review project status, challenges, and opportunities and to establish measurable goals for improvement
- May perform other duties as necessary or assigned Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a learning resource by developing and following a plan to achieve project goals.
Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Preferred Last Planner ® System project experience (alternatively, completed Advancing Lean training program). Preferred general lean knowledge and experience. Preferred experience working with BIM and BIM staff. Curiosity and interest in life-long learning and personal development. Willing to challenge status quo.Change agent who is able to influence others and “lead without authority”. Shows initiative (i.e., self-starter), patience, and perseverance. Has coaching mindset and skills.Extensive travel is required.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Business Process Improvement
Complex Problem Solving