About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Central Leicester.
A Quantity Surveyor has a number of years experience in managing all costs relating to civil engineering projects. They will be supporting other more senior members of the commercial team in delivering the varied commercial duties as well as being responsible for procuring and managing our supply chain. They actively seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality for our Customers. Typically a QS will be chartered or in the final stages of achieving professional membership of the RICS, ICES or CIOB and will be a peer role model for those less experienced members of the commercial team.
You will undertake the role as a commercial lead on a GBP4.5 million road project, on a NEC4 option C3 form of contract What you'll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Has a good knowledge of and adheres to the Companys GMCEs, BMS and other governance
- Analytical Thinking & Decision Making
- Orders information and systematically checks data
- Measure, record & value work unsupervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures
- Measure & interpret specifications & drawings
- Build up estimates from first principle including net and gross estimates
- Translate measurement from drawings and Specifications and prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of rates
- Review weekly, monthly, section programmes of works
- Plan commercial activities to meet requirements of section programmes
- Have an understanding of delay and disruption programmes
- Use the companys ERP System
- Collation of Cost and Value Information
- Preparation of Cost reconciliation statements
- Collect information required to specify procurement requirements
- Record and document information including registration of interest
- Understand the steps / documentation required
- Undertakes customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility
- Collation of cost and value information
- Measurement of works and agreements with subcontractors
- Maintain a Personal Development Plan
- Supports the development of others
The following qualifications are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Previous experience working on NEC form of contract and civil projects
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Achievement Focus (Achieving Results)
- Previous Commercial Work experience
- Industry knowledge
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.