About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Rail team to work in Raynesway, Derby. What you'll be doing
To Manage the Delivery of a Project and the resources involved in the project.
As a Project Manager, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Management of Engineering, Construction and Commercial aspects of the project.
- Delivery of margin.
- Delivery of project to pre-agreed timescale.
- Ensuring the client requirements and procedures are and being followed correctly
- Delivery of the project safely.
- Projects environmental performance.
- Development of the CIV team key supporting staff.
- Achieve client satisfaction.
- Client liaison
- Promotion of BBRT products and services
- Control and management of all claims and variations
- Management of the work of associated assistant project managers, scheme project managers and supporting staff.
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- Graduate or HND with experience or railway experience.
- 10 years railway experience
- Significant knowledge of Railway infrastructure and associated adjacent civil structures
- Significant working knowledge of the rules and regulations associated with working on or near the railway particularly in relation to 3rd party works
- Working knowledge of multi-disciplinary railway engineering encompassing p/way, OHLE and Signalling.
- Ability to lead a small, multi-disciplinary team.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.