“As a Site Engineer, you will provide setting out and engineering control on site”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
The M56 scheme is another of Highways England’s flagship Smart Motorways Programmes. The project will involve upgrading pavements, barriers and drainage as well as installation of gantries, emergency refuge areas and technical equipment to the M56 between junctions 6 and 8, to the west of Manchester Airport.
As a Site Engineer, you will provide setting out and engineering control on site.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Coordinate site engineering control and setting out activities and provide information to operatives and subcontractors.
- Complete diary sheets along with any photographic evidence as required.
- Undertake material reconciliations.
- Ensure all surveying equipment is calibrated.
- Carry out as-built surveys on complete works and drawings.
- Produce 2D & 3D site sketches.
- Assist in maintaining quality records, ensuring all works undertaken in accordance with Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) and maintaining the as-built records.
- Assist in basic planning, monitoring & programming.
- Assist in mentoring junior and graduate engineers as required.
- Control and minimise waste on site.
- Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
- Ensure all company property under your control is taken care of and stored securely when not in use
We are looking for passion and a willingness to deliver excellence. If you have a solid experience setting out on civil engineering projects then get in touch as I want to hear from you. Obviously, you’ll have the usual good stuff such as an HNC or degree in civil engineering and valid CSCS, but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to work safely, motivate and manage the subcontractors on site and to strive for exceptional levels of performance, if this is you, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Site Engineer role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley [ Link removed ]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities and welcome all applications.