About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager (3 Years FTC), to join our Living Places business unit to work in Southampton.What you'll be doing
To manage and successfully deliver projects within the business.
To manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations.
As a Project Manager, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team to deliver projects to time, cost, and quality targets and standards
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained
- Ensure sustainability targets are achieved
- Manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations
- Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, and the Projects gated governance procedures.
- Manage external consultants (e.g. design) to enable delivery driving value, customer focus and achievement of the projects objectives
- Manage or input into any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery
Report periodically to Senior Management on project progress, risks and issues using robust reporting systems to meet the needs of the business
- Manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Utilise BIM, where appropriate, to optimise project delivery, quality and drive safety.
- Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
- Effectively execute business strategy Customer Focussed First, Construction Excellence and Innovation.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- To manage and successfully deliver projects within the business.
- To manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Demonstrable previous experience of project management within the relevant industry.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects ahead of programme, under budget and with zero defects.
- Experienced at working on multi stakeholder projects in highly political environments.
- Experienced in working with public sector organisations.
- The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Proven experience of leading teams, and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
- Financial and commercial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable.
- Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training are desirable.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Customer Relationship Management