Skanska is hiring for a Senior Superintendent with experience building for higher education. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking leader that can effectively manage the team and clients. The Senior Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Senior Superintendent directly supervises field labor force, including laborers/craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Senior Superintendent Key Responsibilities:
• Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force;
• Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract;
• Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer;
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
• Conduct quality inspections;
• Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
• Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates;
• Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports;
Senior Superintendent Key Attributes/Experiences:
• Experience as lead Super on $50m+ projects
• Ability to bring clients a big +
• Functions effectively as part of a team;
• Exhibits strong leadership qualities;•
• OSHA certification;
• 15+ years of industry experience.
Senior Superintendent Compensation:
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Competitive salary
- Attainable Bonus
- 401k and SEOP - both with employer matching
- Comprehensive insurance package
- PTO, Sick Time, Personal Time, and 10 Paid Holidays
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Coaching And Mentoring