About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
Connect Plus has a 30-year contract with Highways England to manage and improve the M25 network, one of the busiest motorways in Europe, on behalf of Highways England.
Connect Plus Services is responsible for operating and maintaining the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads on behalf of Connect Plus and Highways England.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Dartford office. You will be working with the commercial team who is responsible for reactive duties on the M25 including incidents and minor works so the commercial team is working on high-volume, low-value packages.
To provide assistance to the Commercial/quantity surveying team in relation to commercial & contractual control and support the co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specific project or range of projects.What you'll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Carry out tasks as instructed by various members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team, such as measurement for valuations
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company QHSE procedures and work instructions
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the contract cost reporting system as directed by the line manager
- Prepare cash flows for payments in and out
- Prepare accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Assist with sub-contract tender process and support the preparation of sub-contract documentation
- Prepare payment certificates for sub-contract work
- Prepare interim applications for payment
- Valuations of variations
- Assist with the preparation of valuations and claims, ensuring that they are supported by relevant records
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Relevant experience in quantity surveying is required. Membership of a relevant professional body and/or working towards a relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/InstCES
- A valid CSCS card is required
- Knowledge of the tendering process
- Knowledge of the various forms of contract used across the industry
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial management of Construction projects and the construction process in general
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Click here to apply to Quantity Surveyor