About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyorto join our Regional team to work in Sheffield.
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has a track record in managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. They seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Typically they will be a Chartered Member of the RICS, ICES or CIOB. They will have experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Analyses rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required
- Undertakes customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility
- Prepares, submits and negotiates claims when required
- Prepares Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation
- Critically appraises, estimates and negotiates the above with 3rd parties
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB (or working towards)
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Coaching And Mentoring