We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey. What is the purpose of this role?
To be in charge of site operations, directing and organising site activities to ensure that the planned work is delivered safely and on time; and monitoring that performance meets recognised standards of productivity, quality and compliance with essential health and safety provisions What will this role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Lead and motivate a team to deliver all aspects of planning and operations
- Deliver the planned work safely and on time, adhering to the requirements
- Undertake detailed site controls
- Maintaining accurate records of site resources, materials and plant. Provide daily resource sheets, weekly plant returns, weekly materials returns and subcontract performance reports
- Produce reports or provide information in a timely manner
- Attend and cascade briefings as directed and in a timely manner
- To liaise with customers, clients, local authorities and other interested third parties regarding past, present or future works
- To provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching to ensure gangs are performing to agreed production levels
- To perform quality checks in line with contract specification and contract statement of requirements
- To regularly undertake all necessary and appropriate Tool Box Talks, Briefings and other communications
- To perform other duties as directed by your line manager or management team
- To comply with the relevant Company HSQE and welfare policy provisions
- Able to drive and have a full, current, valid driving licence
- NVQ Management Level 3 or equivalent in experience
- Ability to create and manage programmes
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Computer literate
- Must have basic commercial/contractual awareness and understand NEC principles
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively, particularly to external parties such as the client, their customers and local authorities
- Must have the skills and confidence to supervise and coordinate site requirements and task
- Proven experience in construction site management
- Experience in Water Industry