About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Design Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Redhill.
What you'll be doing
- Undertake and deliver the design of structural renewal and maintenance projects from inception to design completion, including undertaking structures assessments, managing site investigations / surveying and planning;
- Prepare technical reports and draft specifications for remedial and improvement works;
- Good overall knowledge of general civil engineering.
As a Civil Design Engineer you will:
Who we're looking for
- Act safely and work to eliminate hazards at source;
- Provide deliverables and a service that satisfies safety and quality requirements;
- Produce calculations, drawings and supply the associated service;
- Direct junior personnel as required;
- Contribute to the production of investigations, reports and specifications;
- Operate in compliance with relevant technical, professional and group standards;
- Ensure project change is fully implemented and recorded;
- Undertake work using formal processes and procedures;
- Manage and record time and provides time estimates for tasks.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
Why work for us
- Must have a recognised degree or HNC in Civil Engineering. Candidates should be
working towards membership of the I.C.E. at Incorporated Engineer level or above;
- HNC only acceptable when coupled with a minimum of 3 years of experience in design and / or construction with the emphasis on railway structure design and maintenance;
- Awareness of construction methods and materials;
- Knowledge of Group Standards /HSE Legislation;
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Practices;
- Must have a basic knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and how it impacts on the industry.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Health Safety And Environment