Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
In North America, we offer a full suite of project and cost management services. We’ve grown from a small core team to a network of offices including New York, Chicago, Atlanta and Los Angeles, and we have established teams in San Francisco, Dallas, Philadelphia and Boston.
As an ambitious business in the region, we pride ourselves on promoting from within as well as offering genuine opportunities for individual development, progress and recognition.
The opportunity to join a major international organization in a growing market is not only an exciting one, but a very real prospect with Mace.The Opportunity
Mace North America is in search of an Operations Director of Sustainability. The ideal candidate will be based in New York and responsible for developing a sustainability focused service offering for the North American business unit.
To set up and lead Mace North America’s net carbon zero and sustainability services workstream and then run the delivery of such services across the United States with an initial focus on our strategic and core clients.
To be responsible for delivering this offering to various existing clients, as well as assisting to expand clientele.
In addition to leading service delivery, the successful candidate will take a lead role in driving corporate responsible business initiatives within the North American teams and will work closely with the responsible business director to do so.Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Developing service offering (anticipated priorities are low carbon services) and supporting collateral, e.g. capability statement, bid content.
- Bidding and work winning to grow a team and correctly allocate resources in proposals.
- Recruiting and managing the team and service offering, ensure appropriate career development and technical development to meet personal and business needs. Ensure team members are fully utilized. Identifying local external technical partners to support service delivery (e.g. carbon assurance). Ensuring team is fully aligned and drives corporate strategy.
- Driving innovation and new ways of working. Upskilling Mace North America team on responsible business best practices and sustainable delivery methods.
- Providing regular updates and determine strategic initiatives with direct supervisors.
You will have an excellent technical capabilities with an in-depth knowledge in the areas of sustainability and carbon zero strategy. You will have a construction or project management background, expertise and knowledge of sustainability in design and be hungry to grow your career in America. You will be able to demonstrate successful behaviours and the ability to build winning teams in a competitive market.Rewards and Recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including; healthcare, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, a robust vacation package, a 401k with company match, and a health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”