About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Driver/ Operator/ Maintainer to join our Rail team to work in Eastleigh, Hampshire.What you'll be doing
Operation of specialist plant working on Network Rail Infrastructure.
As a Driver/ Operator/ Maintainer , your main responsibilities are as follows:Who we're looking for
Reports directly to TGS Operations Manager
Operate and maintain various OTM on behalf of our customer
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Experience of the operation of on track plant, or an ability and willingness to learn
- Able to carry out minor maintenance and repairs.
- Have a good awareness of railway health and safety requirements, particularly as they relate to train operations (desired).
- Be able to make a positive contribution to a dedicated team working on high profile contracts.
- A flexible approach to work, being prepared to work around a roster that includes night, weekends, bank holidays and respond to short notice changes of plan.
- An appreciation of the importance of good customer relations.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Hold a current UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.