Nashville MainProject Location(s):
Huntsville, AL 35824 USAMinimum Years Experience:
No Degree/DiplomaJob Family:
We are in need of FOUR industrial electricians to work on a project in Cape Girardeau, MO. This project will last for 6 weeks. We are pursuing additional work for additional traveling projects.
Position Description: Responsible for assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical distribution, and equipment.
Reports to: Electrical Foreman, Superintendent, and Trades Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate closely with Foreman each day on tasks and needs onsite.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Install conduit, cable tray, and all electrical supports and devices required for functional equipment and distribution in a plant atmosphere.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Understanding of single line drawings and distribution layout drawings
- Redlines drawings with any changes while project is going on and makes sure foreman has these to input to where they need to go
- Termination of wiring both distribution and controls
- Lays out material to complete tasks given with minimum supervision
- Identifies problems or issues and communicates them to the foreman or project supervisor for immediate resolution
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying – Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer —minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
• Completion of certified electrical apprenticeship program or combined years of commercial/industrial electrical experience
• High Mechanical aptitude
• Understanding of electrical drawings and single lines
• Understanding of single line drawings and distribution layout drawings
• Understanding of knowledge of the NEC Electrical Code book
• Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
• Valid Driver’s License preferred
Hardworking And Dedicated