The Superintendent is responsible for field operations in assigned areas or aspects of the project. He/she ensures the work is performed in a safe, timely, profitable, and ethical manner, in accordance with contract documents, design, budget, and schedule. He/she directly supervises field labor forces and Assistant Superintendents.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
• Monitor project labor, materials, subcontractors and equipment as work progresses and take necessary actions to control as he or she shall determine;
• Has accountability for schedule input and adherence, cost, quality, and project profitability;
• Support positive relationships with clients, designers, consultants and the community;
• Prepare and submit daily reports documenting jobsite progress and conditions for payment purposes;
• Attend and participate in project meetings;
• Supervise and direct Assistant Superintendents and craft through planning, means and methods, manpower requirements, material quantities, equipment needs, and work schedule;
• Fully understand project equipment and materials;
• Coordinate assigned work with different crafts, subcontractors and inspection staffs;
• Ensure compliance with project and Skanska’s DBE compliance program.
We're Looking For:
• Knowledge and understanding Labor Regulations;
• Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills;
• Broad understanding of construction industry;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Strong leadership and management skills;
• Function effectively within a team unit;
• Understanding of construction documents and drawings;
• Computer proficient with ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
• Capable of leading and managing craft and non-craft employees;
• Basic knowledge of construction industry including equipment, labor, means and methods, codes and standards;
• Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
• 5 years of marine construction experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.
Complex Problem Solving