Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
We are one of the Delivery Integration Partners (DIP) on the Regional Delivery Partnership Framework (RDP) with Highways England and have been awarded multiple schemes along the A47 running from Peterborough to Norfolk with a combined value in excess of £250m. The framework will see us firmly invest in the region over the next six years and beyond, so we are looking for a talented Project Manager to assist us in the ECI phase on our schemes in Norwich moving from detailed design into construction. The full scope of the projects range from construction of new dual carriageways, roundabouts, junction improvements and interchanges with a series of structures all delivered in partnership with Highways England
As Project Manager you will lead and guide a major highways scheme to successful conclusion, on time, budget and to specification
- Create a ‘Knowingly Safe’ working environment;
- Ensure CDM is applied and relevant legislation is complied with.
- Embed a F.R.E.D.I.E Culture.
- Interview, select and onboard staff in line with the resource profile for the framework.
- Ensure all pre-commencement and regulatory requirements are discharged prior to work commencing taking the scheme from conceptual design, DCO, detailed design and into construction delivery.
- Take ownership of risk & opportunities.
- Guide the Commercial Team to manage costs, and maximise cash flow and profitability, capturing any changes in scope.
- Ensure any incidents/accidents are thoroughly investigated, closed out and learnings implemented.
- Take ownership for the delivery and quality of work to the required standards.
- Manage the Construction Teams and Supply Chain partners to ensure delivery of the Scheme in line with the agreed Budget, Programme and Scope.
- Ensure adequate resource to fulfil the programme including the demobilisation and redeployment of the team at the end of the project.
- Ensure all internal and external reporting is completed as required.
- Manage, monitor and review direct reports and team performances, providing encouragement and discipline as and when required.
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid track record for delivering major highways projects then get in touch as I want to hear from you. We are involved in these projects from conceptual stages so exposure during the ECI phase is a prerequisite. Obviously you’ll have the usual good stuff such as civil engineering qualifications and extensive project management capabilities but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to lead, inspire and manage our teams to strive for exceptional levels of performance, if this is you, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a great salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Project Manager role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley [ Link removed ]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Engineering Design Process