Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services.
We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our Area 12 team at Amey. This role will assist the Community Representative on a Highways England Maintenance and Response contract to develop, maintain and deliver the highway maintenance programme in Area 12 What will this role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Develop and manage all relevant programmes and roadspace bookings
- Track progress, incorporate changes and forecast delivery dates and expenditure
- Manage planning meetings with the Client and other key stakeholders
- Prepare periodic reports, statistics, and answers to enquiries concerning the programmes
- Ensure high standards of programming and roadspace booking are carried out to meet client and contract requirements
- People management of the planning sub-team
- Develop and improve working practices and seek innovative solutions
Advanced use of the Microsoft Office suite (in particular excel) and preferably Microsoft Project and Primavera P6, plus other tools/systems as defined by the project or client Good all round project management knowledge Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail and meticulous approach Experience of highways maintenance operations Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels Environmental Awareness What makes this role unique?
Opportunity to develop your career in a newly awarded contract which will provide the highest quality service against Highways England’s imperatives of Safety, Customer and Delivery.