About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (3 YEAR FIXED TERM) to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in East Lindsey, Lincolnshire.
What you'll be doing
- The Project Administrator will coordinate and assist the efforts of the Project Management, Engineering and Design Teams involved in the execution of specified projects.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
Who we're looking for
- Receive, process and record all site contract timesheets on a weekly basis. Sending to payroll for upload onto Oracle
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Manager and Site Staff keep an up to date plant sheet recording all on-hire and off-hires. Updating the Plantsheet on a weekly basis and pass to Team Coordinator / Office Manager for input onto Oracle R12
- Ordering plant and material from internal and external supplies arranging transport if required and liaising with Plant Desk if repairs/replacements are necessary
- Enter all Waste / Special Waste Transfer notes onto the Environmental Database at the end of each month. Check all new subcontractors have full licenses and enter onto database
- Control of all Incoming and Outgoing Correspondence, Project Files, Standards Library, Design Log, Minutes of Meetings and other project related documentation
- Issue and maintain Site Start up Packs for Contracts
- Take meeting minutes as required by the Project Manager / Principal Contractor Site Manager (PCSM)
- Vehicle Reports and Tracking
- Checking that all vehicles are allocated to the correct contract on a weekly basis, monitoring permit to drives and drivers report. Use of the Masternaut system would be advantageous
- Ensure general health and safety is maintained and project related administration duties carried out in line with Business Management System as and when required
- General duties for example: Minutes of Meeting, Photocopying and Scanning and any other ad hoc assistance as required by the company.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Articulate and persuasive
- Good organisational skills
- Adaptable and able to respond to change
- Self-starter capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Good communication skills verbal and written
- Highly organised
- Good forward thinker and planner
- Actively involved
- Highly organised and good forward thinker
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.About us
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.