Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Be a part of our construction business that has delivered some of the most recognised and celebrated projects, from fixed price contracting to construction management and everything in between.The opportunity
Mace is looking for an experienced senior health and safety manager to look after a high-profile major project in Central London. This is a mixed-use commercial building including an underground station upgrade. The project value is £350m.
You will provide visible health and safety leadership and direction to the project and be part of the health and safety team to implement business decisions by being a provider of guidance.
This role will suit a proactive project focused individual that is adept at understanding of the needs of the team. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal/presentation skills and proven ability to present information to different audiences at project and business unit level. You will be an ambassador for H&S and the project. Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as H&S advisor in own area, keeping the project abreast of new developments and applying professional standards to ensure best practice.
- Maintaining core areas of expertise and imparting knowledge to aid the development, training and mentoring of others.
- Applying tools and techniques, defining local strategies and methods to initiate and/or implement change to improve business H&S performance.
- Providing H&S advice to Mace managers and project managers to assist them in achieving business objectives.
- Maintaining awareness of business implications of own activities to improve the quality of technical or business recommendations.
- Creating, developing and maintaining a range of internal/external relationships to maximise impact of expertise and knowledge to influence the quality of decision making.
- Advising on and interpreting project contractual and statutory requirements and obligations to protect the project’s integrity.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with customers, partners and suppliers to assist the achievement of business targets.
- Overseeing HS&W management system development, implementation, audit, risk, incident and investigation reporting.
- Providing HS&W leadership, credibility, delivering through others and building lasting relationships.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management projects background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance, professional subscription or membership fee reimbursement, life cover, enhanced parental leave policy and flexibility centred around our social, health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
Coaching And Mentoring