The role of the quality management lead (QML) is to ensure the project quality requirements are complied with across the full project lifecycle (contract award, design, procurement, manufacture, test, shipping, construction/installation, test/commission and contract closeout).
The primary purpose of the QML role is to ensure supply-chain adherence to the contracted quality assurance and quality control requirements. QMLs sits within the quality management team and are deployed to programmes to serve this primary purpose. Day to day reporting is to the quality delivery manager (QDM) who sets out their programme quality requirements. In turn, administrative reporting for the QMLs is to the quality management manager, who ensures that QMLs perform adequately and implement the right processes to deliver to programme quality requirements. This includes the development and implementation of project quality control plans. To keep these duties to a manageable level, the quality management manager will be supported by a number of team leaders.Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, accepting and monitoring contractors’ quality assurance plans (CQAP) provided by the supply chain.
- Identifying needs for supply chain audits and engage supply chain auditors to perform audits (e.g. identify quality risks) and prompt resolution of findings.
- Producing project quality control plans (PQCP) for each contract.
- Ensuring deployment of key quality contractual arrangements including the general quality assurance specification (GQAS), lifetime quality records specification, quality release certificate and the inspection and test plan specification.
- Providing relevant guidance to contractors, including contractor’s CQAPs, LTQR partitioning strategies and the arrangements for identifying and planning for quality-related activities.
- Supporting the determination and application of strategies for the progressive provision of LTQRs by contractors.
- Directing the implementation of LTQR reviews.
- Ensuring manufacturing surveillance per contract is applied in a graded approach of equipment safety function and project importance through surveillance offers and performance monitoring of the inspection agencies used.
- Ensuring overall effectiveness of ITPs submitted by the suppliers, checking that they are fit for purpose from a quality perspective and have been correctly distributed to the relevant internal parties for review and mark-up of the activities they wish to witness.
- Monitoring planned inspection witness and hold points marked in the supplier inspection and test plans (ITP), quality plans and follow up documents (FUDs) through joint inspections.
- Coordinating, monitoring and improving the efficiency of quality documentation review and where applicable, inspection activities performed by contracted inspection entities.
- Coordinating and supervising the NNB review and acceptance of relevant quality documentation provided by contractors.
You have HNC/HND qualification or degree in a relevant Science or engineering subject. You are a corporate member or working towards membership of the chartered quality institute and chartered quality professional. You have experience in ensuring compliance with international standards such as GSR Part 2 and ISO9001. You have proven track record of working in major projects, delivering results and implementing quality-related solutions.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You have leadership experience working in a quality assurance/control environment within the nuclear industry or other relevant safety-critical industry and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.About us
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”