Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
As a project manager you will be responsible for managing schemes related to an estate change programme for Hampshire Constabulary whose strategy is to achieve an improved estate that supports effective policing across the county. This role requires strong stakeholder management skills, you will function as project sponsor acting as client representative first alongside delivering as project manager. You will coordinate these schemes throughout the project’s lifecycle, managing to cost, time, budget and quality requirements.
You will be based at the Mace Winchester office and will be expected to travel across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, project allocation dependant on a weekly/monthly basis for site meetings as required. A driving license is essential.Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing appropriate stakeholder engagement and communication strategies for allocated projects, assisting in the development of user requirements and producing the project initiation document.
- Developing a sound understanding of less complex projects and all matters relating to them, completing the necessary key project documents, reports and supporting documentation including:
Highlighting, end stage and exception reports.
Lessons learned report and any follow-on action.
Any other reports required by the project board and/or existing strategic level force boards.
- Managing less complex projects in accordance with recognised project management methodology, undertaking:
Planning and monitoring the project.
Directing and motivating others involved in the project.
Managing project risks and developing contingency plans.
Agreeing any delegation and use of project assurance roles required by the project board.
Preparing project, stage and exception plans as necessary.
Taking responsibility for change control and configuration management.
Managing project budgets, ensuring adequate provision has been made for project and ongoing costs.
- Proactively developing a collaborative relationship between the client, contractor, users, partnerships and any other stakeholder within the project.
- Being the main point of contact between the supplier and the organisation, providing technical advice and support where necessary.
- Managing, monitoring and ensuring quality of the performance of the appointed contractors and consultants against the requirements of the specification, tracking supplier performance, commissioning acceptance tests where necessary and taking appropriate action to remedy shortfalls.
- Developing tender documentation with procurement, evaluating contractors and tenders received, monitoring the performance of contractors and consultants to quality assure work undertaking, identifying potential for improvements and ensure value for money is consistently secured.
Rewards and recognition
- You will hold a relevant degree qualification.
- With membership of RICS, CIOB, APM or equivalent relevant professional institution desirable.
- Consulting background in client project/programme management role.
- Experience of contract administration, JCT and/or NEC.
- Detailed knowledge/appreciation of health and safety matters.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including; a competitive salary, private medical insurance allowance, professional subscription or membership fee reimbursement, life cover, enhanced parental leave policy and flexibility centred around our social, health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
Closing date is 2nd October 2020.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
User Requirements Documents
Systems Development Life Cycle