Work with Amey on the UK's most exciting Rail Project
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working. What is the purpose of this role?
Take the OLE Senior Engineer’s role under the CRE for the engineering activities for allocated projects to facilitate conformance to the contract specification and delivery to programme timescales. This person would be expected to have typically 10 years (minimum) experience of working in major and minor project delivery also knowledge and experience of track renewals or a maintenance environment. This would be across the GRIP stages from planning and programming through to construction and entry into service, with knowledge, qualifications and ability to be be taken in to account.
What will this role involve?
• Support the CRE on engineering activity on allocated projects including design reviews; communication and consultation with other functions over changes (design, install and test). Including interfaces with other disciplines.
• Support the CRE on the engineering resource required to deliver the project plan, and provide input to the construction phase plan, work package plan and associated task briefs proposed for the work where appropriate.
• Promote best practice and support the CRE to proactively identify to resource owners additional training requirements and development opportunities.
• Dependent on the process for material allocation support the CRE to ensure engineers and construction teams are correctly ordering to meet the project programme and that an up to date material schedule is maintained for the project. Full suite of certificate of conformities and other manufacturer warranties are retained for the final health and safety file.
• Support the CRE to produce and implement an ongoing inspection and surveillance regime consistent with company standards and project requirements.
• Support the CRE to provide enough site support to the project team (Project Manager, site supervisors, resource providers and sub-contractors) throughout the works to ensure that critical engineering decisions can be made in a timely manner and that issues arising can be dealt with to ensure compliance with a minimum of re-work.
• Support the CRE to lead and manage the OLE engineering team.
The role is one based in an office / site office / site environment. It is a requirement of the role to attend site on a regular basis (including night time & weekends).
Relevant Key Processes:
• Support the CRE on leading and managing all OLE engineering activities for their team
• Co-operating with the other engineering teams and disciplines
• Planning and implementing OLE engineering activities
• Monitoring and improving / developing engineering competence of the team - specific to OLE
• Assisting the CRE with engineering initiatives
• Assisting the Competence Manager with engineering competence assessments - specific to OLE
• Undertaking deputised CRE duties (subject to nomination and authorisation)
• Support the CRE in creating or reviewing all necessary engineering site documentation (programmes, WPP, TBs etc.)
• Support the CRE in planning and implementing T&I processes - specific to OLE
• Support the CRE to Ensure ongoing health and safety file is being completed and compliance to AMP and asset management processes are followed and adhered to.
• Support the CRE in leading the team on site and in the office (there will be a requirement to work nights, weekends and holiday periods as necessary, by negotiation).
What are we looking for?
What makes this role unique?
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence
- HNC/HND in relevant discipline, preferably Telecoms/Systems
- Relevant number of years experience
- Satisfy requirements of PTS medical
- PTS /IWA
- Emergency First Aid at work
You will find engineering solutions ensure conformance to the specification and compliant delivery to programme by guiding engineering suppliers to the job and advising the Project Manager.
Phoronix Test Suite