Work with Amey on the UK’s most exciting rail project!
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The SP&C Lead for Amey on the TRU West Alliance will be accountable for delivering all Signalling, Power and Communication for enabling and G110 works stages, safely in accordance with legislation, Amey Procedures and TRU West Procedures to contract specification and programme, while building and sustaining long term customer relationships.
What will this role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Be accountable for the GRIP 3-8 Delivery of all Amey related SP&C works on the TRU West Alliance.
- Make all decisions based on a best for project/programme basis in line with the Project Alliance Agreement (Alliance contract).
- Effectively lead and line manage the TRU West functional team (including other Alliance and supply chain staff in this functional team).
- Be accountable for agreeing with the Project Leads and Project Directors all T&E resources (Staff, Labour, plant, materials, subcontracts) required to deliver TRU West Projects and manage the effective provision of these resources to the Projects.
- Deliver all SP&C commitments in line will project baselines including requirements, budgets, schedule and performance metrics.
- Develop the overall procurement strategy for all Rail Systems works on the TRU West Alliance, awarding alliance wide contracts and management of these contracts.
- Manage all Amey SP&C suppliers on the TRU West Alliance.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of SP&C and Project SP&C.
- Review and approve the Amey SP&C elements of all Estimates and Section Proposals, ready for Head of T&E and Account Director review.
- Manage training needs in safety, technical and management areas for the personnel reporting to the post holder and contribute to their personal development.
- Manage stakeholders and ensure SP&C functions meet their requirements.
You will have:
- Education to degree level in a relevant area, or Chartership to a relevant professional body.
- Commercial competence, with significant experience in leading projects of varied contract types including target price.
- Experience’ of managing projects in accordance with the management of CDM 2015 Regulations.
- Effective communication skills with internal & external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of negotiating and managing deliverables from third party suppliers as part of a project deliverable.
- Experience of producing project reports showing clear status updates.
- Knowledge of identifying and managing change requests to agreed project scope.
- High levels of self-motivation and resilience, and the ability to meet demanding targets within deadlines whilst adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills and be able to deliver meetings or workshops as required by the programme of works.
- Commercial, Estimating, Contract and Procurement Training.
- Railway access & Programme (P6) Awareness/Appreciation.
- Quality Standards Awareness.
- Risk Management Awareness.