Louis Berger Services is currently looking for qualified Highway Maintenance Technicians to fill full-time roles based in Putnam County, FL. The position is responsible for performing general maintenance of the highway maintenance projects assigned.
• Cleans and grades ditches, drainage structures, highway road shoulders, slopes
• Repair work including, but not limited to, repair of fences, roadway signs, litter and debris removal, and other highway maintenance activities to include emergency response
• Use all equipment safely
• Drive standard tansmission vehicles
• Completes landscape maintenance duties, such a mowing, chemical and fertilizer application, weed control, trimming and pruning.
• Operates a variety of mechanical equipment, including but not limited to, bed edgers, commercial mowers (ztr’s and possible bush hog), blowers, dump trailers, chain saw, and line trimmers.
• Care for equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
• The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to mowing, weed eating, corrective pruning and fertilization.
• One year of highway maintenance or construction skills is required
• Must have a valid driver's license; CDL license preferred
• Must have transportation to and from Company office
• Be able to lift fifty to sixty pounds (50 - 60lbs.)
• Be able to drive manual transmission truck
• Be able to comply with Company Drug and Alcohol Policy
• Be able to work overtime, nights and weekends
• MOT certificate must be obtained
• MUST have a valid driver's license
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)